Allwell Data Settlement
COURT OF COMMON PLEAS
MUSKINGUM COUNTY, OHIO
Case No. CH2022-0174
Payments will be initiated and checks will be mailed on December 29, 2023.
If You Were Subject to the Allwell Behavioral Health Services Data Breach and Previously Received a Notice Letter Notifying You of the Data Breach, You Could be Eligible for a Payment from a Class Action Settlement.
• You may be eligible to receive a payment from a proposed $650,000 class action settlement.
• The class action lawsuit concerns the March 2022 Data Breach of Allwell Behavioral Health Services (“Allwell” or “Defendant”) in which it was determined that an unauthorized third party gained access to certain Allwell files containing sensitive personal information of its patients. Allwell denies that it did anything wrong and disputes that it has any liability but has agreed to settle the lawsuit on a class wide basis.
• To be eligible to make a claim, you must have received a notice letter of the Allwell Data Breach that occurred in March 2022.
• Eligible claimants under the Settlement Agreement will receive $50 (subject to a pro rata increase or decrease in payment based on the number of claims filed for Settlement payments). Claimants can receive further compensation for the actual amount of unreimbursed out-of-pocket losses up to $4,000, with supporting documentation to prove the monetary losses. Claimants may also receive compensation for up to 5 hours of lost time at $25.00/hour ($125 cap), for time spent mitigating the effects of the Incident, with an attestation demonstrating the time spent.
• For more information or to submit a CLICK HERE or call 1-800-203-0592 Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Central Daylight Time.
• Please read the Notice carefully. Your legal rights will be affected, and you have a choice to make at this time.
|SUMMAY OF LEGAL RIGHTS
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM
|The only way to receive a payment.
|Submitted or postmarked on or before October 11, 2023
|EXCLUDE YOURSELF BY OPTING OUT OF THE CLASS
|Receive no payment. This is the only option that allows you to keep your right to bring another lawsuit against Defendant for the same claims.
|Submitted or postmarked on or before September 11, 2023
|OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT AND/OR ATTEND THE HEARING
|You can write the Court about why you agree or disagree with the Settlement. The Court cannot order a different settlement. You can also ask to speak to the Court at the Final Approval Hearing on <> about the fairness of the Settlement, with or without your own attorney.
|Received on or before September 11, 2023
|Receive no payment. Give up rights if you are a Class Member
Your rights and options as a Class Member – and the deadlines to exercise your rights – are explained in the Notice.
The Court will still have to decide whether the approve the Settlement. Payments to Class Members will be made if the Court approves the Settlement and after any possible appeals are resolved